As recruiters, managers and entrepreneurs our responsibility is to make sure that recruitment is done fairly. Check with this list that you are familiar with the basics.
- When you need new workforce in the company start by making sure of the current situation of job contracts in the company. You might have an obligation to offer the job first to for example part-time workers, temporary workers or workers previously laid off. If you have workers temporarily laid of or working part-time that can be trained to the job – check this possibility out first 🙂
- When you open a vacant position: make sure you have clear selection criteria. This way you will make the choice objectively. Let also you’re current employees know that you’re looking for a new colleague for them – maybe someone of them has been thinking about a different job descriptions and tasks and might be interested?
- An objective choice can be based on for example a comparison of cv:s.
- Make sure that in job interviews you ask only questions related to the job in question. At the same time you are building your reputation as an employer. A positive candidate experience is often also shared with a friend even if not chosen for the vacant position
- A comparison of achievements that looks at candidates qualifications, previous work experience and usefuls skills in the vacant position might be a good starting point for the final selection. But remember that even legislation allows selecting the most suitable candidate amongst all of the vocationally qualified!